Tuesday, October 7, 2008

VOL Ia

Boss Lady,
I called Xxxxx Xxxxx at Landmark to let them know I was no longer interested in attending the Forum. I was informed I was withdrawn, since I had not attended today's forum, and I asked them to no longer contact me. I expect it will be honored. Initially, I called to speak with Xxxxx this morning to change the date. However, I spoke to Xxxxxx, who informed me she was with you last night when you called me, and asked me why I had not returned your call. She went on to say she knew I went to Princeton, and said, "You didn't go to Princeton to make excuses." I was shocked by her offensive tone, but more so because I never told her I attended Princeton. Providing Landmark with personal information so they may find leverage in their recruitment strategies is quite unethical, and I hope Xxxxxx learned about my educational background through an internet search, rather than my employer.
While I had not shared this with you before, I felt the meeting we had in late July was completely inappropriate. You endorsed a session where staff members were forced to share personal information to only have their answers publicly picked at and prodded by Landmark staff. Moreover, we were not given sufficient information about the nature of the meeting beforehand, nor were we given the option to opt out. I hope you understand how this made me feel uncomfortable, and ultimately pressured to attend.
Although I had done some Google searches, which rendered the unflattering links below, I still planned to attend the class. At worst, it would be a waste of my time, and I was promised I could leave at any time. However, time has become a premium as of late. I am not required to explain to you what I do with my personal time, yet offered the information willingly. You utterly dismissed what I had shared with you on Monday regarding the time I was spending away from home, as well as my personal responsibilities and interests. If one of my shortcomings was I did not take a stand when I should have, then I must thank Landmark for assisting me with that, for I no longer have any desire to attend any Landmark event and would not like to engage in any discussion surrounding Landmark.
Moving forward, I am interested in professional development beyond the annual Financial Aid workshops, such as a class in statistics to help with the collection and analysis of data.
I hope you have a great weekend,
Me

No comments: